The Lies Told About Leads
The most significant problem for a Sales Representative is discovering enough certified potential customers to offer their products to. Insurance provider attempt to resolve that problem by using agents a lead program.
This is how it normally works;
1) Agencies advertise that they have leads for representatives. Normally they are either direct-mail advertising or telemarketing.
2) Agencies either advance results in their agents and charge them as they are gotten or they need them to pay upfront.
Sounds like a genuine plan. Yet this strategy has within it fundamental faults that representatives need to be more aware of.
1) Costs – it’s not uncommon for firms to charge anywhere from $2 (cold leads) to $60 for a hot lead.
2) Quality – although agents spend for leads the fact is numerous leads purchased are truly a wild-goose chase
3) Type – these leads can enable an agent to make a great living. However, agencies do not make great leads readily available without an agent jumping through a lot of hoops to get them. Have you ever asked yourself “why”?
it is really, really tough to find a qualified prospect who can purchase an insurance coverage from you today. Insurance companies understand that. So they strive to have agents discover those prospects for them. For lots of companies guaranteeing to supply leads is just a way to get brand-new representatives through the door. Then by having representatives sell their friends and family, these exact same companies can increase their customer base at the expenditure of the representative.
So exactly what is the option? Is my goal to put down Insurer? No. Instead, I think that representatives have to understand that if you play the lead game possibilities are your profession will lead you to make a change.
Here are some methods to attempt to not fall under the lies told about leads;
1) Take note of the real cost of the lead – leads can be pricey but you don’t want to pay for the expense it took somebody else to obtain the leads. You wish to spend for a great leader which can cause a sale.
2) All leads are not produced equivalent – I got some leads and had an expert telemarketer call them to set consultations for me. She was so frustrated with the quality of leads I provided her that she stopped. Her remarks to me were “I can’t lose my time calling people who have actually not revealed any previous interest at all in your product. It’s an overall waste of time calling these leads.” What was sad is these leads represented leads I had actually purchased so I was out of the cash to purchase them and they led to no sales.
3) Do not fall into the trap of believing all leads have the capacity of being good. Some leads are a total waste of time (such as aiming to offer senior citizens on a fixed income a high premium policy strategy.
We have been in the lead generation business for about 25 years now, we have helped over 5000 companies with our top-notch lead generation service, so what are you waiting for? Inquire about us and generate sales for your company.